My etsy shop

Saturday, December 15, 2007

New items & The Mist review

I know most of my posts lately have been about my shop, honestly that's about all I have time for outside of x-mas presents. I won't bore you with all of the x-mas items because they are pretty much the same things over & over just in different colors. I am making something really cool for chuckles but cant post pics until after x-mas. Lets just say it's gamer inspired ;)




I listed this hat tonight that was based on a pattern I found online, but changed up a bunch to fit my needs. It's made with 2 strands, 1 of acrylic & 1 of 100% wool that I recycled. I really like it. These hats have been selling really well most sell within a couple days of listing. I really wish I could make them in a shorter time frame so I can list more but my right arm has been killing me. I can barely move it up & back without any pain. I may take some of my x-mas money & indulge in a massage this year.


I also listed some neckwarmers. My first time making them but they came out very warm. I almost want to keep them for myself.



We went to see The Mist last Tues. I haven't read the story in a good 10-15yrs so I can't remember if it matched the book exactly. I do remember in the book they never really saw the monster just the tentacles & in the movie there is more than 1 monster & you get to see them all. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the movie. The last stephen king movie I saw was 1408 which SUCKED big hairy monkey balls. This time I really enjoyed it. Granted it was really sad because of how realistic they made the crazy religious fanatics. Chuckles & I were both like this is why you never stay with a group of people when the shit hits the fan they either get crazy & start trying to kill people or they do something stupid & get people killed just like in zombie movies. When civilization collapses you always just stay in your own little family. Oh & if you aren't a big fan of creepy crawlies or bugs you won't like it. Even I had the willies from all the mega sized bugs. I would def recommend seeing it just be prepared for being a little sad at how selfish & fucked up society is.

No comments: