My etsy shop

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The beginning of a handmade christmas





Here are a few of the handmade items I have made as x-mas presents. So far I've started on gift baskets for the "moms". I've been making crochet washcloths & I may make more just to practice different stitches. I got 8 bartowels for 4.99 and cut them in 1/2 to get more out of it and made towl toppers out of fabric I had in my stash. This was my first time trying button holes, very easy. I'm surprised I havent thought about trying them before. I had bought a bunch of dishcloths that I was going to embroider but decided to make boo boo bunnies out of. My soon to be step-mom has her bathroom done in bunnies so I thought she would like them.

I also got a great deal on casserole dishes at Old Time Pottery for $3.99 & found some fabric in the $1 bin at walmart that looks semi-classy that I'm making casserole dishes out of. I may make hot pads if I have enough time.


I also went to the thrift store this week to get some sweaters to recycle for x-mas presents. My MIL said she would wear a calorimetry & told chuckles she would wear a hat if I made her one. She crochets also so it's weird to make something for someone who can do it also. Chuckles said she doesn't do it as well as I do & thinks she secretly likes my work. This is the first completed item a calorimetry done on 10.5 needles with 70 stitches CO.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I really like your headband - great idea to knit from recycled yarn! I have tried this a few times but can only find commercially knit jumpers at second hand shops - difficult to unpick, and sometimes doesn't come out in one continuous length. Do you have any advice?
Well done on your handmade presents - I hope everyone loved and appreciated them!