My etsy shop

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Some movie reviews

Work is extremely slow tonight WOOO HOO so I thought I would give some reviews for the movies we saw within the last 2 weeks. I have spoilers so don't read if you don't like that.

Cloverfield
Ok so the big huge monster nobody has seen for millions of years because it lives so far down in the ocean, but miraculously it can breathe air & now feels the need to come ashore. For what? food? uhhh hello how many fish are in the sea to snack on. And his little parasites can breathe air also...Plus all fo them can see in light. Fish that live that far under water are like nocturnal animals their eyes have adapted to the dark. Ok so maybe it's an alien....umm ok where is the HUMONGOUS ship it would have had to take. Ok so I got past the unlikely monster because if I sat there & thought about it I would have a headache. The human characters were great. It had a very 9/11 apocalypse feel to it which I really dig. I think they should have done something like this with zombies. I liked it but I love those neighbor against neighbor end of the world fighting for your life movies. I would wait for video or cheap seat & if you see it in the theatre sit in the back so you wont get motion sickness.

The Eye
Ok totally not scary...ok well the creepy no-face floating guy in the elevator gave me the heebie geebies but otherwise I kept thinking ok what the hell is going on. I like Jessica Alba ever since she did Dark Angel & this was better than the Fan4 but it was kinda cheesie. She did play a good blind girl thought very convincing. Don't go expecting to be scared. I say wait for the video.

No comments: