My etsy shop

Saturday, May 26, 2007

WIPs



Ok so this craft blog hasn't been really crafty lately....sorry. I've had a lot of stress lately which means I have been crocheting like a mad woman just not taking pics.




I have a love hate relationship with this shawl. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. It's one of those items I pick up for a day or two then put it away because I don't like it. It's not because its ugly or its giving me problems, actually it was way easier than I expected. I just can't think of any time I would actually wear it. Chuckles was like ummmm doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose of wearing a shawl if it's all holey *grumbles* true.
I used a K hook & a worsted acrylic that is some discontinued brand I've never seen before I got on sale for $1


I got the pattern from:



I've also been making a bunch of cotton dishcloths lately to practice different stitches & for the dishcloth swap I entered. I'll load pics after the swap is over.


I had some really dark cotton just sitting around calling my name & I couldn't think of anything to make with it. I only had 2 balls so it had to be something small. Then I remembered the green paisley dress I have that I never wear because its sleeveless & I don't have a cute summer shrug for it soooooooo......
For size reference the original yarn was a 6ply worsted weight. I split it in 1/2 and I'm using a K hook. The stitch is called snapdragon. Basically a V stitch & 5dc then the opposite the next row. I would have had more done but I only worked 6hrs tonight & we were busy most of the time.
In other news if you are interested I have an interview Tues for a position I really want cross your fingers for me.

No comments: